Visiting the Hospice
At Rotherham Hospice
COME AND VISIT
We believe interaction with families and carers visiting the Hospice is very important to those in our care. Due to the continued presence of Covid-19, we regularly amend our Visiting Policy to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all patients, staff and visitors.
General Visiting Policy
Visiting times: Open visiting from 1pm to 7pm
- Patients can have unlimited visitors per stay.
- If the person you are visiting is Covid negative, it is a personal choice whether or not to wear a mask when visiting the Hospice.
- Visitors are not permitted to smoke or vape in the Hospice building or grounds.
- Rotherham Hospice does not tolerate violent, threatening or abusive behaviour towards staff or volunteers.
End of life Care (EOLC) Patients
- As above apart from visiting time is unrestricted.
Please be aware our patients are often very ill therefore we request that visitors to the Hospice are sensitive to all our patients on the unit and respect their needs and privacy.
Limited sleeping accommodation is available for family members but every effort will be made to support you to stay with your loved one if you choose to. Please feel free to discuss this with any member of the nursing staff. We understand that very often the family has been providing much of the patient’s care at home and we encourage family, if they wish, to continue to be involved in the patient’s care, though there is no obligation to do so. How much you want to be involved will be discussed with you and the patient on admission.
We ensure that patients can stay in touch with loved ones through the use of telephones and wireless internet facilities in the patient areas.
Further information on access for visitors and contact numbers can be found in our visitor’s information leaflet.
Covid Safety Measures
We appreciate this is a difficult time for you, but we must make you aware that it is at your own risk that you visit your loved one.
There may be times when we are caring for Covid positive patients within the unit, we would like to assure you that we will act appropriately to ensure all our patients are cared for safely and we are adhering to all national and regional guidance.
- If you have a positive test or symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit the Hospice.
- Upon entering the Hospice, please sanitise your hands with the gel provided.
- Mask wearing is mandatory when visiting a patient who is Covid positive.
- If you are visiting a Covid positive patient, before leaving the room to go home visitors should remove all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) except the mask, wash your hands, and then leave the Hospice.
Access to the hospice
Daytime hours: Between 8am and 4pm every day of the week, you can enter the Hospice via the main reception area, where you will be greeted and directed to where you need to go.
At any other time you can use the door further down the building to the right (there is a sign by the main door which tells you where to go) and press the buzzer to be let in.
Where to find
Please park in the patients and family bays in the hospice car park.
How can you help?
There are many ways you can support us, whether it be through holding an event, playing in our lottery, volunteering, or donating!