Volunteer for Us
Rotherham Hospice is supported by around 350 volunteers who commit time and energy to the services the Hospice provides.
So it’s no exaggeration to say that Rotherham Hospice would not be able to run without our volunteers!
We have an amazing mix of volunteers from 14 to 90 years old; from those who come for a few months to learn new skills, to volunteers who have been with us for 25 years. This diversity is something we really value as each person brings something different to their roles.
Volunteering is often seen as “selflessly helping those in need”, so can put off many who think they are perhaps not saintly enough... In reality, voluntary services roles at Rotherham Hospice are well-defined healthcare roles that mutually benefit the volunteer and the Hospice, placing you in a team of volunteers and professionals all working within the same philosophy of care. Our volunteers do such a great job because they love what they do and get as much out of it as they put in.
There are many reasons to get involved:
- You may have a family member who has spent time in the Hospice and you want to contribute to the valuable work that we do.
- You may have family or friends who volunteer and are looking for an organisation to be a part of.
- You may be a young person looking for experience in retail or healthcare in order to find a longer term job.
- You may want to develop new skills or meet new people.
- You may have spent time at Rotherham Hospice either as a visitor or a patient and want to be part of the friendly and warm care that we give all our patients.