Rules & Terms
Rotherham Hospice Lottery Terms & Conditions
All profits from Rotherham Hospice Lottery go directly towards our running costs. From March 2015 Rotherham hospice Lottery will be re-branded as Rotherham Hospice Second Chance Lottery.
- New members are sent a unique draw number for each entry purchased. One entry costs £2.00 per week.
- Payments made in advance at a minimum of £2.00 will be entered into the draw each week using the unique game number. The draw will take place every Friday including bank holidays. If there is no credit against the number it is not entered in to the draw, therefore a player will never be in arrears with their payments.
- Payments can be made by cash to a collector if available, by cheque made payable to Rotherham Hospice Lottery or by standing order. Monthly subscriptions of £8.68 include 68p which accumulates to pay for the 13th week which occurs every 3 months. Standing orders may only be set up by completing the written mandates printed on our leaflets, promotional material or new member forms.
- All prizes in a draw are guaranteed to be won that week with the exception of the £500 roll over prize. This prize is allocated in a second draw which contains all numbers in credit that week as well as a series of random un-sold numbers. If an un-sold number is randomly selected by the computer the prize is not won and rolls over to the following week. If the prize has not been won when the fund reaches £10,000 all un-sold numbers are removed and the prize is guaranteed to be won in that week. We reserve the right to vary the percentage of un-sold numbers in the draw.
- Prize winners will be notified by post within one week of the draw taking place which will include their winning cheque. Winning numbers will be printed at regular intervals in The Rotherham Record. A list will appear each week on our website or can be requested from the lottery office at the hospice.
- If winning cheques are not cashed within 6 months of issue they will be paid back to the hospice as a donation towards its running costs.
- We will always comply with all data protection act requirements and protect your personal data as well as securely storing bank details. Rotherham Hospice Lottery cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or by any delays in the banking system.
- A membership can be cancelled at anytime by e mail or in writing. If notified after noon on Wednesdays the cancellation will be actioned after the coming Friday’s draw. If memberships are in credit at cancellation a full refund will be made by cheque within 7 days if requested.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing membership at our discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any changes to their details including address.
- Rotherham Hospice Lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission under the 2005 gambling act. The act states that no person under 16 may join the lottery or purchase a lottery ticket. It is our responsibility to enforce this and it is our right to request proof of age if deemed appropriate.
- An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005 from our lottery or any one off prize draws we may hold in the future, may be submitted in writing, by e mail, fax, by telephone or in person at the Lottery office. Members using this facility will not be able to re join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months.
- Rotherham Hospice Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution to Gamble Aware www.gambleaware.co.uk an organisation providing practical help to problem gamblers.
- All complaints will be dealt with under our complaints procedure, a copy of which is available from our lottery office.
- Rotherham Hospice Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Rotherham Hospice Lottery office Tel: 01709 428730
Charity Number 700356 Registered No.2234222 Promoter Paula Figueira
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
These Terms & Conditions are valid from 1st March 2017
Rotherham Hospice Lottery
New game rules valid from 6th March 2015
- Entries to the Lottery are purchased from Rotherham Hospice Lottery - Promoter Paula Figueira
- All proceeds from the Lottery go to Rotherham Hospice (Registered office address:Broom Lane, Rotherham, S65 2SW. Registered Charity Number: 700356) to provide Hospice services.
- On entering the Lottery you agree that;
- Your are 16 years of age or over.
- You will not buy or attempt to buy a ticket for or on behalf of anyone under the age of 16.
- You will provide accurate personal information on entry, including your name, address and telephone number and accept responsibility to keep us informed of any changes to this information.
- You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under clause 3 a b and c above.
- Rotherham Hospice Lottery is Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission and abides wholly by their codes of practice. In some circumstances it may not be possible to provide refunds once a Lottery entry has been purchased.
- Cost of entry to the Lottery is £2. This entitles entry to 2 consecutively run draws each week, i.e. Draw 1 Main Jackpot Draw, prizes as advertised in promotional literature and our Hospice website Draw 2 Rollover Extra, single £1,000 prize which if not won can rise to a maximum prize of £20,000. Players may purchase as many entries as they wish and payment must be made in advance by one of the permitted methods.
- Prize structures are fully advertised on promotional literature and on our website. We have the right to amend the prize structure at any time. There are no alternatives to any prizes. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 7 days of the draw.
- The promoter may without notice or reason decline to accept a application for membership to the Lottery or cancel an existing membership and may terminate or suspend the Lottery scheme.
- The two Lottery Draws will be conducted every Friday. In the unlikely event that the draw cannot be held on the designated date, the alternative date will be advertised on the Hospice website. The draws will be made using a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by a Gambling Commission approved test house.
- The winning numbers will be published in The Rotherham Record, displayed at Rotherham Hospice, in Rotherham Hospice shops and on Rotherham Hospice website.
- The promoter is not responsible for any loss or delay of communication or for any delay in bank payments.
- Any cancellation of membership will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries.
- An entry to a draw will only be made when a player has a standing credit of £2 per play. If there is not enough credit standing the entry will not be made but no debt will pertain.
- The Promoters decisions pursuant to the rules are final and binding. Any further information regarding the rules of the lottery can be accessed via our Lottery office helpline - 01709 308921