Hospice at Home Team
Rotherham Hospice at Home team aims to support patients in their usual place of residence. This can be their home, care home or family members home. The team is made up of Clinical Nurse Specialists, Palliative Care Nurses, Healthcare Support Workers, Domiciliary care providers, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and volunteers. The Hospice at Home team work alongside other community services, such as GPs, District Nurses and other agencies, to best support a patient and those important to them.
The Hospice at Home team can help with a variety of issues including
- Managing symptoms such as pain, fatigue, sickness.
- Offer emotional and psychological support.
- Support in planning for the future.
- Assessment of mobility needs.
- Assessment of any adaptions needed around the home.
- To signpost to other services, either within the hospice or to other external agencies.
- Giving of advice via the 24hr 7 day a week Community Advice line.
“During the most difficult /challenging of times the Hospice at Home team were always on hand to help mum, whatever time of day or night, nothing was too much trouble and they were always on hand to help, without them the most difficult of moments would have been too stressful to imagine now”
“To community nursing team who helped care for patient in her final days with her family we simply could not have coped without you. You are all so caring, considerate and professional.”