Day Hospice can give you extra support to manage your symptoms, gain more confidence at home and help maximise your quality of life. Many people value the support of meeting with others in a similar situation, your family/carer can also have a break knowing you are safe.
Attendance at the Day Hospice is normally one day a week from 10am to 3pm for twelve weeks. You can come along and enjoy the friendly and therapeutic environment. Staff include specialist nurses, doctors, social workers and therapists who work closely as a multi disciplinary team. Whilst at the Day Hospice it could be possible for you to see one of our doctors or therapists.
The team can help with a variety of issues you may have including:
- Managing symptoms such as pain, sickness and fatigue
- Adapting to difficult situations, address anxiety or emotional support
- Offer advice regarding practical and financial issues
- Support in planning for the future
- Emotional and psychological support
- Access to complementary therapies, hairdressing, and chiropody
- Opportunity to take part in creative and social activity
Some of our patients have told us what our Day Hospice means to them:
A no struggle day.”
She needs a day for her own… so the hospice is her caring place to go and meet her friends and have a coffee.”
Day Hospice Number: 01709 308909 / 308901